At PGCC, we believe that there are five important aspects to connecting effectively to God and to a church home.
1. A personal relationship with God. Every believer should daily cultivate a relationship with God by spending time in his Word and with him through prayer.
2. Participation in corporate worship. The Sunday morning experience is a powerful time to worship with hundreds of fellow Christians and be built up, inspired, and energized.
3. Involvement in a healthy relational environment. Getting to know other believers really well and forging Christian friendships is a key aspect to connecting. PGCC offers:
Bible classes—A variety of classes during the 9:00 am & 10:30 am services
Life groups—Sermon-based small groups that share, fellowship, study, & pray
Men’s/Women’s studies—topical & exegetical studies designed to bolster discipleship
4. Serving the church and the lost. It takes a lot of people to run the Early Childhood, Children’s, Student, and Adult ministries. Serving in the church helps other people grow in the Christ and it helps those who serve.
5. Contributing to the Kingdom. Giving of your time, effort, energy, and money is a way to feel more invested in the church. There are many ways to contribute. PGCC offers E-giving, is currently involved in a capital campaign to expand the student building and pay off the Children’s addition, and collects an offering weekly. There are many mission trip opportunities and service projects available.
9:00 AM Classes:
Huddle—Classroom A1—Johnny Gunsaulis
This all ages class works through different topical studies from some of the best contemporary Christian resources in a fun, discussion-based format. Modern day application of these truths is discussed in a fun, friendly environment.
Connect Class—Classroom A2—This class is designed to help you
become better acquainted with Prairie Grove Christian Church and to inform you of some of the next steps you can take in your relationship with God and His church. Classes are offered on a rotating basis the first four Sundays of every month. You can jump into a class on any Sunday and stay until you have gone through them all. The four areas covered are KNOW—LOVE—SERVE—LEAD. Contact Vance Eubanks if you have any questions.
In My Life Class—Classroom A3—Dennis Hixson and Mark Howard
This all ages class offers sound teaching, dynamic discussion, and focuses on God’s work in people’s lives. Strong relationships and discipleship are emphasized as folks seek God's plan and purpose for them as individuals and for the church.
TLC Class—Classroom A5—Richard Naylor
All ages are welcome to this verse by verse study. If you want to dig deep, then this is the class for you. Currently, this class is working through the book of Hebrews.
10:30 AM Classes:
First Step Class ---- In our First Step Class, you will meet with a small group of new guests and PGCC staff members to learn more about who we are and what we are doing. This is a great opportunity to learn about our church values, ask any questions that you may have, and connect with individual ministries to learn what they are doing and how to get involved. Register here.
JOY Class—Classroom A1—Wade Osborn
JOY stand for “Just Older Youth”! This is a class made up of those ages 60 plus, and offers a verse by verse study of the Scriptures. This is a lively group that enjoys continuing to grow and find meaningful service for Christ.
In His Way—Classroom A3—Jim Coleman
This class provides a spiritual and exegetical look at the book of Psalms. Deep insights and rousing discussion accompany this wonderful text. All ages are welcome to join the discussion of this profound book of Scripture!